CHAPTER HISTORY

fort-worth-founder-pic.jpeg

Under the guidance of then Province Polemarch Cornelius Ladner, The Fort Worth Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. was chartered on Saturday November 22, 1947. Ten Kappamen met in the home of Dr. E.L. Dorsey, downtown Fort Worth on the corner of Sixth and Jones, to officially establish the Fort Worth Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.

 

Those present were:

  • Dr. Jerome Harris (1897 – 1978)

  • Chester Rettig (1904 – 1979)

  • Dr. E.L. Dorsey (1905-1991)

  • J. Martin Jacquet (1906-1983)

  • L.C. Anderson (1907 – 1965)

  • Cecil Irving (1910 – 1984)

  • Dr. A.A. Griffin (1915 – 1969)

  • Juan Bennett (1915 – 1991)

  • Tommy Edwards (1922 – 1971)

  • John L. Barnett (1923-2004).

 

The Fort Worth Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. was the only chapter to be chartered in 1947 by the Southwestern Province.